Comment Guidelines

Comments should be concise, constructive and applicable to the story. Comments that include personal attacks, racial, religious, or ethnic slurs are not permitted. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be removed.
If you reprint a post on this site or post it on your own blog or Website, please include the following attribution:

© 2008, Jeffrey Hurley. Used by Permission. Originally posted at http://jeffreyhurley.blogspot.com.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Out Sick

One of my biggest pet peeves is when staff think they are doing the right thing by coming into the office sick. It is nice to know that you are dedicated to your job but please don't come to work when you are sick. The reality is you are much less productive than you think you are and the rest of us get sick too. We don't want to get sick because of your dedication.

After delivering this lecture to my team late last week, when several of the team came to work sick, I end up catching a flu bug. I can't stand being sick, spending the day laying around resting because my brain is so fogged up from the congestion that I can't concentrate. I am going back to bed to sleep this off.

Take care of yourself and don't go to work sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my post.